Third-Rail Current Collector
Our patented solutions for reliability on the 3rd rail. Turn the Third Rail into your Road to Success! Maintenance-friendly 3rd rail current collectors from Schunk are in use around the world. We offer optimal solutions to our customers for every speed range and every operating voltage. Even if the spacing between rail and bogie fluctuates, our developments guarantee perfect current transmission – thanks to their modular design and trailblazing technology. Our current collector modules include spring-operated systems and pneumatically operated systems – depending on our customers’ requirements and vehicle equipment. Depending on the model, they can be mounted on the bogie or on the end of the axle.
Leading technology from the world's 3rd rail experts
- Diverse applications thanks to a variety of base designs and customer-specific adaptations
- Patented Schunk multi-system collectors can contact conductor rails from the bottom, top or from the side
- A second layer of insulation makes the current collectors especially safe against short circuits that may be caused by metallic waste in the track bed
- The safety-relevant intercepting device for our contact shoes prevents contact shoes from being lost if they collide with obstacles
- Integrated or separate fuse boxes with specialized fuses protected against vibration protect the vehicle technology and wiring against damage in case of an electrical malfunction
- Everything from a single source – including wear parts and service
3rd Rail Current Collectors
When overhead lines are not an option, the third rail is the right choice. It can transmit high current levels because of its large diameter, but only when combined with a powerful and reliable current collector. That is where we come into play. Our versatile and compact current collector systems help move millions of people all around the world on local transportation every day. Both our standard systems and complex specialized solutions fulfill the highest standards for functional safety.
Pioneering solutions for the rail and bus industry